START YOUR DAY ON THE RIGHT FOOT!!!
Mornings can be very difficult and challenging for many people. Here are some simple steps that you can do every morning that will increase your energy, jumpstart your metabolism, balance your hormones, lose stubborn weight and be excited about your day.
Healthy Activities for your Morning Ritual
- Sit at the edge of your bed and inhale through your nose as you raise your hands overhead and exhale through your nose as you bring your arms down. Do this quickly 30 times. Rest for 30 seconds and repeat. Attempt to increase the intensity 15% more on the 2nd set.
- Practice Gratitude and make a Statement of Affirmation that the day is going to be a good day and you will do your very best.￼
- Drink 16- 20 oz. of room temperature water
- Watch the sunrise and get 5 to 10 minutes of sunlight.
- Listen to the birds singing and the quiet of nature.
- Joyful movement for 5-10 min.
- Sip Adaptogenic tea or coffee
- Breathwork with meditation for 10 minutes.
- Practice intermittent fasting.
Here is some inspiration
- Studies have shown the importance of sunlight for our well-being, strong immunity system and normalizing our Metabolic rate.
- Sunlight provides us with our daily dose of vitamin D. A recent study has shown low vitamin D to be associated with various metabolic illnesses such as obesity, diabetes, insulin resistant, cardiovascular disease including hypertension. If you can’t get outside and enjoy the sunlight consider using HappyLight.
- Morning hydration: Drinking 16 to 20 ounces of water first thing has shown to kickstart your metabolism by 10 to 30%. Squeeze some/ lemon and a pinch of Celtic sea salt can have some benefits or add some apple cider vinegar and lemon.
- Dagratitude: notice and appreciate the beauty of nature. Write down three things that you are grateful for in this moment.
- Practicing gratitude has been shown to lower the cortisol. Cortisol sets off inflammation. Also gratitude increases neurotransmitters like serotonin( feel happy) and
- Dopamine (motivation & pleasure) and increases activity in the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus regulates our food intake, metabolism and stress level.
- The practice of joyful movement will boost our metabolism for the rest of the day. Choose an activity that is fun for you and add variety.
- Intermittent Fasting: benefits of intermittent fasting is showing to increase metabolism, decreases insulin levels and helps with weight loss. Try fasting for 13-16 hours. Eat your last meal 2 to 3 hours before you go to bed so your body can focus on repair and recovery rather than digestion.
- The people that I know that do the intermittent fasting have lost weight, having more energy and feel better overall.
Certainly you would want to check with your doctor for his or her approval.
Practice Breathwork and Meditation: Intentional breath work and meditation it’s a powerful way to set a positive, joyful, peaceful and focused time to your whole day.
You will start to notice a sense of calm and be able to go through your day in a more centered way.
The Benefits Of breath work and meditation:
- for every 10 pounds of weight loss, 8 pounds is lost through the lungs.
- proper breathing it’s important when it comes to weight, energy, metabolism and hormonal health.
- breathing through your nose is far better for your overall health then breathing through your mouth. Breathing through your nose activates nitric acid which dilates the blood vessels to get more O2 & nutrients to the cells. Also nose breathing calms our autonomic nervous system which regulates our overall body.
You don’t have to do them all but help yourself get out on the right foot with your day but also with your overall health.
Enjoy and LiveHealthy
"*" indicates required fields