Seven ways to increase the good HDL cholesterol
- Exercise, move your body, especially aerobic exercise
- Increase your uptake of fiber such as green vegetables and fibrous fruits such as berries apples and pears, and beans, legumes and gluten-free oats
- Foods rich with omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon and sardines or a good supplement
- Chia and Flax Seeds
- Healthy Fats such as olive oil, avocados and almonds. Mediterranean diet
- Boost Antioxidants found in foods like berries, dark leafy greens, beets, green Matcha Tea, and even dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa
- Watch your carb intake especially refined carbs like cookies, cakes in muffins
Lowering your LDL cholesterol will decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease and increasing your HDL cholesterol will have a positive impact on your overall health.
Prevention is the best medicine and I hope these seven steps are helpful.
Dan KinneyPT, FMP, Health Coach
If you are motivated and finally ready to start living life the way you envisioned, then let’s talk and see if you qualify for this life changing program. Visit kinneyptwellness.com for more information or request a Discovery Call (No Obligation) below.